My promise to you

I will LISTEN to your concerns and thoughts; I will LEARN from you and what you have to say; I will ACT on your behalf.

Saturday 22 January 2011

A slice of fried gold?

Apologies for the headline - couldn't resist a quote from one of my favourite TV shows. However, what I have learnt is no laughing matter.

Following discussions on the Tories upcoming City Budget, I have been made aware that the Tory-led Council are threatening to sue Southampton's School Governors for not reducing the pay of their dinner ladies.

One word. Criminal.

The Council can't make local schools change the working conditions of their non-teaching staff and so they're threatening to sue them.

One question. How low can they go?

2 comments:

  1. I hope the people responsible have their pay cut by the same percentage otherwise they should consider their position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look as though those at the top of the tree are not suffering the same level of cuts as those at the bottom.

    Additionally they are saying if you dont accept our demands (even though you dont have to) you will have caused these problems!

    ReplyDelete