My promise to you

I will LISTEN to your concerns and thoughts; I will LEARN from you and what you have to say; I will ACT on your behalf.

Monday 24 January 2011

100 days to go!

Just a quick update today - we here in Millbrook have 100 days to go to change our community for the better. The doors to the polling stations open in 100 days and 13 hours...

It was a busy weekend past, with most of Saturday taken up with a training session being run at Southampton Labour HQ in the challenges ahead in terms of showing management and leadership - there were a number of golden nuggets of information in the briefing, as well as a good chance to chat to the other candidates across the city.

Sunday was taken up by leafletting in and around the Ampthill Road area. Both myself and Councillor Furnell managed to put out just over 500 leaflets in a little over 2 hours. It was tiring, but I keep telling myself that each and every leaflet could make the difference.

Anyway, must dash, the wife has just come in! Getting ready for a Police Priority Setting Meeting this evening at 6pm. I will be meeting the sitting Conservative Councillor that I'm looking to deseat. First impressions and all that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment