My promise to you

I will LISTEN to your concerns and thoughts; I will LEARN from you and what you have to say; I will ACT on your behalf.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Team Millbrook

Just a quick update from me this week as I have to get ready to help deliver leaflets in ward on the current strike. Its difficult to convey in words the stresses which currently face those on strike, but suffice to say that the Labour Group of Councillors believe in stopping all council action which is not fair. There are still other options to consider, there are other choices to make. As I said last week, nobody enjoys going on strike.

The other piece of information was regarding a piece of casework which I recently completed. A Millbrook person was being threatened with removal from a daycentre they attended, due to a lack of paperwork being commpleted. This paperwork had been sat on someones desk at the Council since August. Suffice to say the file has now been completed and the member of staff given a training opportunity. Its not that I revel in getting someone in trouble, but rather they can be helped to be more effective in their job. I work in the public sector, as does my wife. If I make a mistake at work, nobody gets hurt or suffers, so I appreciaate the pressures in serving our communtiy.

Anyway, I'm sure the constituent was happier after the intervention. If you're reading this, you have my contact details. If you have a problem and no one else can help, and you can find me, then you should contact Team Millbrook.

No comments:

Post a Comment