My promise to you

I will LISTEN to your concerns and thoughts; I will LEARN from you and what you have to say; I will ACT on your behalf.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Lost Weekends and Good Times

Just a quick update from me this week before I go out again and knock doors over the weekend. But before I do, I wanted to say something. Something which I fear is disappearing from the english language.Therefore I think its appropriate to say a few THANK YOUs.

Firstly a massive thank you to all of the volunteers who have helped Team Millbrook with their campaigning over the past months and years. You give up your free time on a regular basis, not for fame, monies or glory. They like me, do it because we care about the community around us and we want to make changes for the better.


Yesterday on a doorstep within Regents Park we reached a milestone in terms of constituents who we have contacted so far this year. Its a big number, and we'll be putting out literiture in the near future to give you further information on the activites myself and your current Labour Millbrook Councillor Dave Furnell have been undertaking on your behalf.

Additionally, thank you to all those people, whatever their political persuasion, who didnt put the phone down on us, slam doors in our faces or even swear. Its this mutual respect and dignity which makes campaigning in our community enjoyable - you can have a genuine discussion with voters on the real issues on the phone, via email or on the doorstep at 10.30am on a Sunday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment