My promise to you

I will LISTEN to your concerns and thoughts; I will LEARN from you and what you have to say; I will ACT on your behalf.

Monday 20 December 2010

Cold shoulder from the Weather

It’s been very hectic at work for a lot of people recently. I must admit driving around has been rather tricky too - but I can breathe easy knowing my parents have got bread and milk in after my mercy dash. However, there are some who arent so lucky. Unable to go to a local shop or a local post office, it’s our old and vulnerable that are taking the brunt of this cold snap.

However, two things strike me. Firstly, it is surprising that I can always remember seeing grit bins everywhere as a child. Over the past few years they seem to have disappeared. After listening to what’s been said on the doorsteps in Millbrook, myself and Councillor Furnell have asked officers to explain why there is a real lack of those bright yellow bins. You said it, we listened, and we’ll act on your behalf!

Secondly, it does strike me that we all could play a better part in dealing with this poor weather. On the continent each person clears their own driveway and the public path in front of their property. I’m no expert, but it does seem like a rather common sense approach really.

Lastly, if you’re travelling over the festive period, please go careful and take it slowly. I think one or two drivers seem to have not noticed the cold conditions we’re having at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment