My promise to you

I will LISTEN to your concerns and thoughts; I will LEARN from you and what you have to say; I will ACT on your behalf.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Calm before the storm

This week i have a confession to make. I have only attended one evening meeting this week. Don't worry, I haven't become a lazy Councillor (insert joke about Conservatives here) in the space of a week. It just happened that it was a good opportunity to spend some time with my family; its been very hectic since the start of the year and so its been nice to spend some uninterrupted quality time with my wife and new baby daughter.

What I have learned is that my wife watches far too much "America's Next Top Model". Its a reality TV show and my brain turns to mush everytime I am subjected to watching it. Yes, since my workload at the Council has increased, I have also lost control of the TV remote control.

However, on Monday evening I spent sitting in the cafe at Tesco's Millbrook conducting an open surgery. It was really good to have so many conversations in such a short space of time. I lost count of the number of comments by visitors to the store that it was good to see a politician (?!) in a place which was convinient to the public. Also, quick update on tesco's expansion - it won't be happening for at least six months...

Casework is still coming into my mailbox and I'm still chasing for successes - for example I got the disabled bays repainted at Penrith Court, but am still chasing for an extra communal bin!

After today, we're taking our campaigning up to pre-election levels. It is not enough to have private companies deliver your leaflets. Expect to see Team Millbrook on your doorstep in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment