My promise to you

I will LISTEN to your concerns and thoughts; I will LEARN from you and what you have to say; I will ACT on your behalf.

Saturday 10 September 2011

Do the right thing.

I know its saturday night and I should be enjoying it, but I have had enough of opposition councillors claiming to have secured changes on the closure of police stations in Southampton. I do have to be careful in what I say on this subject for obvious reasons, but seriously - tell the whole truth.

The long and short of it is that Hampshire Constabulary will choose to close outdated buildings instead of making staff redundant. This for me is the right decision. We live in the 21st century. The majority of people dont walk into police stations; they call, email and now even tweet. I want to know that when it hits the fan, top quality officers will be at my side. These changes allow for that to still happen.

Claiming to have secured a commitment on police teams remaining in the locality is pure fiction. Local neighbourhoods teams will always be based locally, whether other stations are closed or not.

I look forward to local meetings and no doubt further interesting claims on how the Tories have made a real difference policing changes. The reality is that our city is in a mess and we desparately need new ideas, not media stunts and half truths.

Biomass = formally supported by the Millbrook Conservatives in February 2011.

Millbrook Library = now sited in Redbridge - maybe they'll change the name?

Industrial action = not resolved and into 14th, 15th or 16th week?

Sea City Museum = £15 million funding gap - enough to cover pay cuts?

Instead of playing political games, do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment